“Truly, truly I say to you, what you did to the least of your brothers you did to ME.”
“Be peace loving. Peace is a precious treasure to be sought with great zeal. You are well aware that our sins arouse God’s anger. You must change your life, therefore, so that God in His mercy will pardon you. What we conceal from men is known to God. Be converted, then, with a sincere heart. Live your life that you may receive the blessing of the Lord, then the peace of God Our Father will be with you always.”-St. Francis of Paola
“While the world changes, the CROSS stands firm.”-St. Bruno
“Think well; speak well; do well. These three things, through the mercy of God, will make a man go to Heaven.”-St. Camillus
“By reason of His Immensity, God is present everywhere; but there are two places where He dwells in a particular manner. One is in the highest Heavens, where He is present by that glory which He communicates to the Blessed; the other is on earth- within the humble soul that loves Him.
In order to be an image of God, (Imago Dei) the spirit must turn to what is eternal, hold it in spirit, keep it in memory and by loving it, embrace it in the will.”-Edith Stein, Ven Therese Benedicta of the Cross, the famous Jewish convert who was murdered at Auschwitz.
“The life of the body is the soul; the life of the soul is God.”-St. Anthony of Padua
“We have received baptism, entrance into the Church- and the honor of being called Christians. Yet what good will this do us if we are Christians in name only and not in fact?”-Ven. Andrew Kim Tae-gon
“You will not see anyone who is truly striving after their spiritual advancement who is not given to spiritual reading.”-St. Athanasius of Alexandria
“For us Christians, the first virtue of godliness is to honor our parents- to pay back the troubles of those who bore us and to give them whatever comforts we can with all our strength. For if we repaid them as much as possible, we could still never pay them back for their gift of life. Then they will enjoy the comfort we provide… and then won’t Our Father in Heaven accept our good intentions and judge us worthy to ‘shine like the sun in the Kingdom of Our Father.”?- Matthew 13.43- St. Cyril of Jerusalem
“Since love completes all, makes all hard things soft and the difficult easy, let us strive to make all our acts proceed from love.” – Ven. Arnold Janssen
“The sacraments, which are the channels by which grace and Divine Life reach our souls have their value only through Jesus’ sacrifice. If we are today in a state of grace to what do we owe it? To our baptism; and our baptism- what has merited it’s fruits? The death of Christ Jesus. It is the same with the sacrament of penance; we are washed clean in the Blood of the Saviour. The power of the sacraments is drawn from the Cross; they have efficacy only in continuity with the Holy Passion of Christ.”- Ven. Columba Marmion
“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
-St. Thomas Aquinas
“I think all Christians would agree with me if I said that though Christianity seems at first to be all about morality, all about duties and rules and guilt and virtue, yet it leads you on, out of all that, into something beyond. One has a glimpse of a country where they do not talk of those things… Every one there is filled full with what we should call goodness as a mirror is filled with light.”
O Holy Saint Anthony, gentlest of saints, your love for God and charity for His creatures made you worthy when on earth to possess miraculous powers.
Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me…( here make your request known to Saint Anthony.)
The answer to my prayer may require a miracle; Even so, you are the saint of miracles! O gentle and loving Saint Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ear of the Sweet Infant Jesus, Who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven upon all their enterprises.
6. Sinners shall find in MY HEART the source and infinite OCEAN OF MERCY.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of MY HEART shall be exposed and honored and will IMPRINT MY LOVE on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to MY DIVINE HEART the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in MY HEART, never to be effaced.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of MY HEART that MY ALL-POWERFUL LOVE will grant to all those who receive HOLY COMMUNION on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. MY DIVINE HEART shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
We are faithless, He is faithful. We are frightened, He is the Rock. We are confused, He is steadfast. We are changeable, He is the same- yesterday, today and forever.